Wine village Lösnich
Lösnich, the romantic wine place in the heart of the Middle Mosel, is very idyllic and traffic-reassured and so it offers its guests peace and relaxation of the hecticness of the everyday life. Between Bernkastel-Kues and Traben-Trarbach the place snuggled itself into the loops of river and vine landscape in the index finger of the so-called “Mosel-Glove”. Our village is coined for centuries by the viticulture. Our excellent wine locations carry the names “Lösnicher Försterlay” and “Lösnicher Burgberg”. At objects of interest the place offers a late Gothic cemetery chapel, the neogothic parish church from the year 1869, the administration building of Kesselstatt and current vicarage, as well as a stately number of Half-timbered houses and stylish winegrower houses from the founder years and art nouveau.
In vino veritas
History of Lösnich
The History of Lösnich can retraced until the time of the Romans, which is based archeological finds. The Romans brought the wine to the Mosel. They built mansions and winepresses and called the place „Lonsetum “. The god Sucellus was excavated with Lösnich. Celebrity attained Lösnich in the year 1066, after the citizens the body of the murdered and later holy spoken bishop Kuno l had brought in safety. On ambition of the bishop Theoderich of Verdun the corpse were transferred to the monastic church Tholey. There are written and documentary mentions from the 13. Century and 14. Century of a sex „of the Lords of Loesenich “, who were here, at that time fief of cur cologne, with own Castle and court sovereignty resident. End of the 17. Century then the earls of Kesselstatt acquired the possessions. Under them an administration building were build on the ruins of the old castle from where the family of Kesselstatt administered their large possessions. This Building is used still into the today’s time as vicarage. In addition they extended the received castle cellar with that nice-looking cross-vault and built over it an outbuilding. In the year 1858 the township Lösnich acquired the administration building of Kesselstatt, the today’s vicarage, for 1,700.00 “Reichstaler”.
Vinum bonum deorum donum